Madison, WI | Position Currently Inactive | POSTED: February 20, 2018
Writing is an art and a science, and especially in marketing, copy is key. TDR relies on our content team to write the best copy, taking careful consideration of brand voice and overall content goals. You'll write, rewrite, research, write some more, and let your creativity shine with every word you put to paper. It's important that you have a keen understanding of brand voice and the channels that should be used to most effectively communicate a message. Our team will rely on you quite heavily and it’s probably best if you can write under pressure.
Why This Job Doesn't Suck
You get to focus on something you love: writing. You won’t be “stuck” with just one or two types of content, but instead will get to work with a variety of mediums, brands, and voices. You'll be a source of creativity and innovation for TDR.
You’re right for this job if...
You geek out over a well-written article, social post, blog, or public relations piece. Maybe more importantly, you shed a tear every time a comma is misplaced or a misspelled word appears on published content. It also helps if you:
- Are highly creative and imaginative, but can pair creative ideas with a professional voice.
- Have incredible communication skills (both written and verbal) and pride yourself on your excellent grammar.
- Have an eye for detail and can work well under pressure.
- Are a team player. You'll work with our entire Account Management team. In other words, "must play nice with others."
- Have experience working in marketing and understand the ever-evolving digital marketing space.
- Are knowledgeable when it comes to SEO and can incorporate SEO best practices into your writing.
- Demonstrate a hard work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
“Tell me more about this job,” you say.
This role consists copy writing for multiple clients, and across various mediums. One day, you may find yourself writing a blog for an insurance company client; the next, you might be drafting ad copy for a client that sells caffeinated water. You'll also edit the written work of others. Overall, it'll be imperative that you hit deadlines and be a team player.
Where will this take me?
As a copywriter at TDR, you'll have significant impact on our team, and as we continue to grow, you will too. Our content team has incredible potential, and as it grows, you'll continue to hone your skills and mentor fellow members of the team.