Madison, WI | Position Currently Inactive | POSTED: February 20, 2018
Writing is an art and a science, and especially in marketing, copy is key. TDR relies on our content team to write the best copy, taking careful consideration of brand voice and overall content goals. You will write, rewrite, research, write some more, and let your creativity shine on every piece of text you put together. It is important that you have a keen understanding of brand voice and the channels that should be used for each communication. Our team will rely on you quite heavily and it’s probably best if you can write under pressure.
Why This Job Doesn't Suck
You get to focus on something you love: writing, and will get to show that love to not only our clients, but our company as a whole. You won’t be “stuck” with just one or two types of content, but instead will get to work on a plethora of mediums, brands, and voices for numerous different companies that rely on TDR for creativity and innovation.
You’re right for this job if...
You geek out over a well-written article, social post, blog, or public relations piece. Maybe more importantly, you shed a tear every time a comma is misplaced or a misspelled word appears on a published version of content. It also helps if you:
- Are highly creative and imaginative, but can pair creative ideas with professional voices when specific brands require it.
- Have incredible communication skills (both written and verbal) and pride yourself in grammatically perfect writing.
- Pride yourself on your eye for detail and love working under pressure.
- Are a team player. Your time will be requested from numerous members of our Account Management team and we need someone who #playsnicewithothers.
- Have experience in marketing and an understanding of the ever-evolving digital marketing space.
- Have experience with SEO and organic search in order to optimize your content for the betterment of our clients’ online presence.
- Demonstrate a hard work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in a related field… and a sense of humor. :)
“Tell me more about this job,” you say.
Day-to-day of this role will consist of a lot of copywriting for not only numerous clients, but numerous mediums. You may be writing a blog article for a B2B insurance client one day, while you find yourself figuring out how to drive people to a website through a Facebook ad for caffeinated water the next. You will be reviewing not only work that you are completing, but the written work of others -- and it will be imperative for you to hit deadlines and be a team player.
Where will this take me?
TDR’s copywriters have the ability to be in a highly impactful role for our team. As we continue to grow, you will too...implementing new content strategy for interesting brands in exciting industries. Our content team is just going to get bigger, so as you continue to hone your skills, we expect you to mentor other members of the team as well (both new and old).