Madison, WI | Opportunity Currently Unavailable | POSTED: March 15, 2018
We’re a cool crew. No, seriously. We’re passionate marketers, developers, and creatives who work hard and produce some pretty awesome websites and marketing campaigns. But, with everything on our plates, it can be easy to lose sight of the basics. Food. Pens. Billing. Ya know… just your basic life / work necessities. We’re looking for a full-time office manager with an unwaveringly positive attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to help our office run smoothly (aka to help us keep our sh*t together).
Why This Job Doesn’t Suck
As our office manager, you’ll never have the same exact day twice. Ours is a vibrant, creative culture and we’re constantly on the go: welcoming new clients, launching new projects, crunching numbers, and dreaming up new ways to prank each other. One day, you might be ordering office supplies and grabbing lunches for a client meeting. The next day, you might be hopping in a pickle suit for a client photo op. An interest in marketing is an added bonus. Acting as office manager will give you the opportunity to dive right in to agency life. We’ll familiarize you with our systems and bring you in for some crew brainstorming sessions. On top of that? You’ll get to hang out with a group of people that are just about as smart and funny as they come.
You’re right for this job if...
You are a people-pleaser who frames every challenge as an opportunity. It also helps if you:
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience at a related position...bonus if you have experience in HR and billing/invoicing. If you don't have this? That's okay. Apply anyways if you're a passionate and quick learner who is ready to take on whatever we throw at you!
- Are highly organized, have great time management skills, and possess strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work well with many different types of people.
- Possess a strong work ethic and have an appreciation for #startuplife.
- You have a thing for numbers and can help us with reimbursements, expense tracking, and invoicing.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Would describe yourself as a hardcore task manager and can easily jump from one type of task to another.
- Feel comfortable ordering supplies, working on mailings, making store runs, keeping our conference rooms tidy, greeting C-suite clients, coordinating with a lot of different people, and having a never-ending “to do” list.
- Maintain a positive attitude and are willing to have some fun with your coworkers.
“Tell me more about this job,” you say.
Office manager is a new role at TDR and, trust us, we are so excited to meet you. This position will help the TDR machine run smoothly. We’ll expect you to take on a wide variety of tasks - we’re looking for somebody who takes initiative and demonstrates a “can-do” attitude. Ordering supplies, picking up lunches, performing some light cleaning, sending out invoices, greeting our clients, and sending out mail will be part of your normal hustle...but, be ready for anything.
Where will this take me?
You tell us. Do you love the hustle and bustle of office management and want to stay in this position long-term? That works for us. Or, are you looking for an “in” at an agency and have your sights set on eventually joining the Accounts team? Wonderful. We’re willing to work with the right person. For somebody who is smart, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile, the sky’s the limit.