Madison, WI | Position Currently Inactive | POSTED: July 10, 2018
The Digital Ring is proud to have on staff a quickly-growing in-house development team: something not many agencies can boast. From custom software to website development, our dev team does it all. Given the quality of websites we produce, our dev services are in high demand - we can barely keep up! (A good problem to have, yes.) We’re looking for a developer, experienced in both PHP and WordPress, who lives and breathes web development and is able to combine the art of design with the technical savvy of programming. The ability to hit deadlines is also a must. Trust us, our company culture is second to none (think nerf gun fights, foosball table, Friday afternoon beers…), though we can’t promise you won’t be asked to participate in (or be the target of) a good-natured practical joke.
Why This Job Doesn’t Suck
We’re going to assume that if you’re a developer looking for a job, you like to code and are familiar with the intricacies of platforms like WordPress. As a WordPress/PHP developer, it’ll be your job to bring our designers’ mockups to life, building sites and custom software that are beyond our clients’ wildest dreams. You’ll get to work with a dev team that’s intelligent, yet fun-loving - we bet you’ll learn a few new tricks of the trade during your time here. Your days - and the dev challenges thrown your way - will likely never be the same. We’re looking for an innovator - a problem solver - so bring us your biggest, baddest ideas and dev aspirations.
You’re right for this job if...
You love bridging the gap between design and technology and feel like computer code runs through your blood (that’s not too intense, right?) It also helps if you:
- Pride yourself on your eye for detail… even the tiniest of details.
- Have experience in production, modification, and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces.
- Love working with APIs and other custom integrations.
- Can implement responsive designs in your sleep.
- Have a working knowledge of SEO best practices and work to properly optimize a site the first time around.
- Have ample experience building custom WordPress sites and can share with us a portfolio of work.
- Are able to work well with different types of people (you’ll be working closely with our designer and accounts team).
“Tell me more about this job,” you say.
Where will this take me?
The Digital Ring is on a fast track to success. We’re attracting incredible clients every week and have never experienced a shortage of website development tasks. At TDR, you’ll work on cool projects, while continuing to hone your mad dev skills..